Saturday, January 23, 2010

Turning Lemons to Lemonade

Talk about a nice start to the weekend. Blogging 'Bout Boys has been named a Lemonade Stand Award winner! According to Michelle and Karen at Layers of Learning, the Lemonade Stand Awards recognize blogs that demonstrate great attitudes or gratitude.


Now it's time for me to pass on the honor. Here are 10 blogs that I think deserve the Lemonade Stand Award:
  1. Parenting by Trial and Error. Sarah Ludwig is a single mom of four kids, just like me. She's also a witty and personable writer who understands parenting from the trenches.
  2. Living in Splitsville. Christina and her husband separated a little over a year ago. Her tagline -- Notes on a Midlife Makevoer -- says it all.
  3. Journey to a Wondraful Baby. Disclaimer: My SIL runs this blog and the main topic is my adorable little niece. Underneath is all, though, is a story of gratitude as Heather blogs about finding their daughter through adoption.
  4. Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers. My first, favorite homeschool blog. Here, you'll find real-life stories of homeschooling and thousands of fun tips.
  5. Eclipsed. Yup, it's a two-for-one deal. Eclipsed is by the same woman who writes Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers, but it focuses on weight loss instead of homeschooling.
  6. Boy Crazy. How could I not like this blog? The writing is divine.
  7. Saying YES 2 Boys. Andrea is a mom after my own heart. Her boys run, jump and swing swords while she reflects, supports and joins in on the fun.
  8. Alasandra's Homeschool Blog. If you're a homeschooler, Alasandra's blog is a must. She keeps you up-to-date on news and happenings in the world of homeschooling.
  9. The Happiest Mom. Another parenting blog by another writer and mom of many. (Meagan has five children.) But her take on parenting -- Happy. Mother. You really can use both words in the same sentence. -- isn't one we hear often.
  10. BIKE with Jackie. This blog is all about positive attitudes and gratitude. Jackie uses her BIKE technique to teach you how to overcome adversity.

What other blogs inspire you? I'd love to hear about your favorites!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you, Jennifer! You're one of my favorite, top-notch bloggers, so this means a lot coming from you. I appreciate the encouragement. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -- a great list of blogs for me to visit! You and I shared the Lemonade Stand award this week, so I thought I should get to know you, too.

    I, too, have FOUR sons -- a crazy and wonderful life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, thank you for this. It's nice to be connected with great minds. Looks like I have my blog reading cut out for me this week--lots of new places to visit and some I know I need to revisit. I'll do anything for inspiration. Well, almost anything. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, thank you! I, too, will be checking out some new (to me) blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this, Jenny! I love your blog too. I'm thrilled to have this award.

    Now does this mean that I get to post the cool little graphic on my sidebar?? =)

    ReplyDelete